How to Start and View the Slideshows
The Empowering Young Writers Resource Center provides the bulk of its educational content in Microsoft PowerPoint slideshows stored on OneDrive, which are free and available to all educators on all platforms. You can view each slideshow easily in two different ways:
- View the Slideshow Without Leaving the Current Page
You can view and scroll through the content of a slideshow as it is displayed on the current page just by clicking the arrows to move forward or backward. This enables you to quickly scroll through the slideshow without moving to another page.
- View the Slideshow Full Screen
You can view the slideshow maximized at full screen so that all slides are as large as possible.
A Note About Web Browsers: The slideshows have been designed to be viewed using different web browsers. However, some teachers have reported technical problems using Safari for different web-based applications. If you experience issues accessing and running the slideshows, please consider using a different web browser.
A Note About Error Messages: The slideshows are stored on the cloud on OneDrive. If you see an error message indicating service is unavailable (Example: HTTP Error 503 Service Unavailable), this message indicates that the server is not able to show the content. We recommend that you reload the current page by refreshing the screen.
View the Slideshow Without Leaving the Current Page
Each slideshow is embedded in a smaller size within this website. You can choose to view and scroll through the content of a slideshow in this smaller size just by clicking the arrows (see illustration below) to move forward or backward.
This enables you to quickly scroll through the slideshow without moving to another web page. You may find it helpful to view the slides this way if you want to get an idea of what content is included before showing it to your students.
View the Slideshow Full Screen
When you are ready to show the slideshow to the entire class, you may prefer to show it full screen so that all slides are as large as possible.
Do the following to view each slideshow in its biggest size:
- Click the icon in the bottom-right corner to open the slideshow in a PowerPoint window.
- Click Start Slide Show in the top-right of the screen to start the slideshow.
- To advance the slides, use the arrow keys on your keyboard or click the mouse.
- To leave the slideshow, press the Escape key on your keyboard.
- To return to Empowering Young Writers, close the PowerPoint window and move your cursor back to the tab displaying the NCBLA website.