How to Start and View the Slide Shows
The Empowering Young Writers Resource Center provides the bulk of its educational content in Microsoft PowerPoint slide shows stored on OneDrive, which are free and available to all educators on all platforms. You can view each slide show easily in two different ways:
- View the Slide Show Without Leaving the Current Page
You can view and scroll through the content of a slide show as it is displayed on the current page just by clicking the arrows to move forward or backward. This enables you to quickly scroll through the slide show without moving to another page.
- View the Slide Show Full Screen
You can view the slide show maximized at full screen so that all slides are as large as possible.
A Note About Web Browsers: The slide shows have been designed to be viewed using different web browsers. However, some teachers have reported technical problems using Safari for different web-based applications. If you experience issues accessing and running the slide shows, please consider using a different web browser.
View the Slide Show Without Leaving the Current Page
Each slide show is embedded in a smaller size within this website. You can choose to view and scroll through the content of a slide show in this smaller size just by clicking the arrows (see illustration below) to move forward or backward.
This enables you to quickly scroll through the slide show without moving to another web page. You may find it helpful to view the slides this way if you want to get an idea of what content is included before showing it to your students.
View the Slide Show Full Screen
When you are ready to show the slide show to the entire class, you may prefer to show it full screen so that all slides are as large as possible.
Do the following to view each slide show in its biggest size:
- Click the icon in the bottom-right corner to open the slide show in a PowerPoint window.
- Click Start Slide Show in the top-right of the screen to start the slide show.
- To advance the slides, use the arrow keys on your keyboard or click the mouse.
- To leave the slide show, press the Escape key on your keyboard.
- To return to Empowering Young Writers, close the PowerPoint window and move your cursor back to the tab displaying the NCBLA website.